How to get a Police Clearance in the Philippines

Here are the steps in applying or getting Police Clearance in the Philippines.

1. Get a CTC (Community Tax Certificate) or sedula.
2. Get BRGY. CLEARANCE, of course from the barangay where you live in. You have to bring two 2X2 ID picture and you’ll pay some amount.
3. Get a POLICE CLEARANCE Form from your Municipal police Station and there’s a fee for this.
4. Fill-out the FORM and hand it to the person in-charge.
5. An ID picture is needed. Some police stations are already high-tech that they have a digital camera but otherwise, you have to bring two 2X2 picture again.
6. You may need to wait to get your POLICE CLEARANCE. Typically, they release it on the same day or few hours after you submitted your application form.

Tagged as:
police clearance requirements
police clearance
requirements for police clearance

18 comments for “How to get a Police Clearance in the Philippines

  1. bamboo
    Wednesday, November 19th, 2008 04:54 pm GMT +8 at 4:54 pm

    good day! this is actually not a comment but rather a simple question…
    i basically applied for my first police clearance and i have been asked to pay P20.00 from the municipal office for an official receipt then after that, when i formally processed the application in the police headquarters, i was asked to pay another P80.00. i demanded for a receipt but they gave me a “CAJ Informations Solutions” receipt and it was addressed to Plaridel, Bulacan

    I went to the municipal office again but they seem to be making excuses and not giving me answers…

    im planning to have a formal complaint but i need supporting documents first of course…

    hope you can give some clarification on my concern…

    Thank you in advance…

  2. Sakura
    Tuesday, November 25th, 2008 03:45 pm GMT +8 at 3:45 pm

    this has been helpful.

  3. jean
    Monday, January 12th, 2009 11:12 am GMT +8 at 11:12 am

    how can i get a police clearance in the philipines without going home

  4. jean
    Monday, January 12th, 2009 11:13 am GMT +8 at 11:13 am

    please help me

  5. lizie
    Friday, May 22nd, 2009 01:43 pm GMT +8 at 1:43 pm

    hi jean,,, did you got a police clearance already?just wondering if u have got one ,,,,coz i have the same problem right now… how to get a police clearance without goin back home….

    Or anybody can help me?…please

  6. Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 06:36 pm GMT +8 at 6:36 pm

    good day.. The requirement in getting police clearance is sedula and barangay clearane. But why in trece martirez cavite, When u will get a police clearance they will require u to secure for a sedula, barangay clearance and FISCAL CLEARANCE. IS FISCAL CLEARANCE NEEDED IN GETTING A POLICE CLEARANCE and the payment of FISCAL CLEARANCE IS 200. Hope you can give some clarification on my concern…

  7. Cherry
    Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 05:06 pm GMT +8 at 5:06 pm

    Hi lizie and jean, did you get an answer to your queries re police clearance without personal appearance?
    Need help too! Thanks

  8. Elizabeth Narido
    Sunday, June 7th, 2009 03:55 pm GMT +8 at 3:55 pm

    Hello Jean and cherry,

    I am filipina from England. To get a Police Clearance without your appearance, this is the things you need to do :
    1) If this is the first time you will apply for Police Clearance, there’s no way you can get it without personal appearance.
    2) How ever if this is not the first time, and you have your old clearance, you can renew it by asking somebody to transact it in behalf of you. All you have to do is Give this old copy and authorization letter authorizing this person, 1 pc. 2 x 2 picture in white back ground.
    3) Normally it will only take one day maximum, or you can make it for an hour if you are early as there are also other applicants to be accomodated.

    1) If you have the old copy, send it to your relatives with authorization Letter. And of course the money for the payment. It cost you P/215.00 for one copy, the same amount depending on how many copies you are going to request.

    2) If you don’t have old copy, you may go to the Philippine embassy in the country where you are now.

    Application for NBI Clearance
    Note: All applications for NBI clearance should be made in person. Fingerprinting Card Forms are available at the Philippine Embassy, Consular Section.

    A. Completed Fingerprint Card Form (Civilian Form for Filipino nationals and Alien Form for foreign nationals)

    B. In case the applicant is a married woman, she should write her name as follows:

    1. maiden surname (family or surname of father)

    2. first name or given name

    3. maternal surname (maiden surname of mother)

    4. the applicant’s husband’s last or family name and first name (space for this purpose is provided in the card)

    C. 2’x2’ photo taken within the last six (6) months on white background

    D. notarial fee.

    After the Philippine Embassy has authenticated the NBI clearance, the applicant should send it to the Philippine National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) at NBI Building, Taft Avenue, Manila, Philippines. NBI’s Tel.No. is (632) 532 8231 to 38. The applicant should also enclose in International Check/Money Order the sum of USD4.00 or Php200.00 payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation. The certificate will be sent back to the applicant after it was processed.

    It is advised that you send to your relatives than sending it to Manila. It will take longer if you will send it directly to manila instead however, if you ask your relatives to do it, it is as short as you are the one transacting it.

    Upon receipt of clearance, the applicant should examine it for presence of embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion. Without it, the clearance is not valid.

  9. alex
    Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 12:53 pm GMT +8 at 12:53 pm

    how can i get Fiscal Clearance? what are the requirements? please help me because i need it in applying in AFP.

  10. jeany
    Friday, January 29th, 2010 09:28 am GMT +8 at 9:28 am

    hi this is my first time to get a police clearance and what should i do? you think i can ask my family to get it for me and i will make an authorization.

  11. yhurika
    Friday, January 29th, 2010 11:54 am GMT +8 at 11:54 am

    ..hello. im yhurika i am 19 years old and its my first ti to get of barangay clearance here in philipines how do i get that and what i need to get some barabgay clearance…hope some onehelp me thanks soo muchh…

  12. millet
    Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 04:21 pm GMT +8 at 4:21 pm

    hi elizabeth,
    i am presently out of our country, so i authorized my brother to get a police certificate in my behalf,its a renewal, i have already sent all the necessary reaquirements in procuring that,even my ID thinking it would be easier to get it, as it turned out, they won’t give it to him telling that i should be the one to get it personally, and they are asking my brother to pay 1,300 pesos for them to give that certificate,its really frustrating, i want to file a complain,but where to?

  13. flobert
    Thursday, February 4th, 2010 01:32 pm GMT +8 at 1:32 pm

    manigas kayo

  14. flobert
    Thursday, February 4th, 2010 01:34 pm GMT +8 at 1:34 pm

    hinde nyo mkikita ang hinahanap nio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. Karl
    Monday, March 15th, 2010 11:44 pm GMT +8 at 11:44 pm

    Very useful.. thanks

  16. Tagodo
    Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 01:25 pm GMT +8 at 1:25 pm

    ang galing pala dito…dami ko natutunan..hehehehe

  17. pinkypurple
    Monday, March 22nd, 2010 11:07 am GMT +8 at 11:07 am

    hi.. i just want to ask kung pano magrenew ng police clearance? what are the requirements? thanks in advance..

  18. Jovic
    Thursday, October 16th, 2014 05:43 pm GMT +8 at 5:43 pm

    I would like to ask in relation to sending money order to NBI. Where do I address it? NBI General Director? My bank wants to know the bank account details here in Ireland. Please advise. Thank you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *