An NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) clearance is an important document issued by the government attesting that you don’t have any previous criminal records. It is usually asked when you apply for work, get a visa, etc. It’s validity s usually six months after issue.
What to bring?
1. Valid Identification Card (ID) for authentication of your name; or
2. Original copy of your previous NBI Clearance for renewal
Where do I apply?
The main office is in Carriedo Plaza Building at Carriedo St. cor Estero Cegado and Sales St.in Quiapo, Manila. But you can also go to other satellite offices as listed below. They process both new and renewal applications.
1. Quezon City Hall **
2. Pasig City Hall **
3. Muntinlupa City Hall **
4. San Pablo City Hall **
5. POEA **
6. Kalibo, Aklan **
7. Las Pinas City hall
8. Mandaluyong City Hall
9. Caloocan City Hall
10. Valenzuela City Hall
11. Marilao, Muncipal Hall
12. Los Banos Municipal Hall
13. Taytay Rizal, Municipal Hall
** Installed with computers. Releases NO HIT clearances applied on the same day.
For renewal of application, you can go to their kiosks in these establishments:
1. NBI Clearance Center, Carriedo Plaza
2. Park Square 1, Makati City
3. SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City
4. Gotesco Grand Central, Caloocan City
5. Tutuban Center Mall, Divisoria Manila
6. Clark, Angeles City Pampanga
7. Baguio City Hall, Punta Varga Baguio City
8. Robinson Mall, Cagayan De Oro City
9. Robinson Mall, Cebu City
10. Victoria Mall, Davao City
11. Gaisano Mall, Iloilo City
Note that these kiosks don’t process new applications.
1. Naturalization, Cancelation on ACR or Repatriation – Php. 415.00
2. Change of Name, Business License, NFA, SEC, TBC, Adoption, POEA,PRA Requirement, Permit to Carry Firearm – Php. 165.00
3. Travel Abroad, Immigration Requirement, Visa Seaman, Seaman’s Book, TBC for RTO, Marriage Requirement. – Php 115.00
4. Local Employment, Customs Pass ID,Enlistment AFP, DND, DOT Requirement, ID Purposes and Other Requirement – Php. 115.00
How long is the processing?
For those without namesake, clearance certificates are released within 3- 5 minutes. For those with namesake, they are advised to proceed to NBI Clearance Center in Carriedo for further verification. Applicant is asked to wait for 5 minutes for the release of his/her clearance. For those who are required to go to the Quality Control Section for interview, clearances will be released one (1) hour after the interview.
COMPUTERIZED SATELLITE OFFICE – for those without namesake, clearance certificates are released within one (1) day. For those with namesake, clearances will be released after 5- 7 working days upon application.
NON-COMPUTERIZED SATELLITE OFFICE – all clearances will be released after 5-7 working days upon application. For those who are required for interview, they are advised to proceed to Quality Control Section at the NBI Clearance Center in Carriedo clearances will be released one (1) hour after the interview.
How long is will it be valid?
NBI Clearance is valid for one year from the date of issue.
What if I’m in the province? Where can I apply?
1. Pulilan, Bulacan – Bulacan District Office
2. Imus, Cavite – Cavite District Office
3. Calapan, Oriental Mindoro – Calapan, Oriental Mindoro
4. Batangas City – Southern Tagalog Regional Office
5. Sta Rosa, Laguna – Laguna District Office
6. Lucena City – Lucena District Office
7. Tarlac City – Tarlac District Office
8. Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya – Bayombong District Office
9. Ilagan, Isabela – Ilagan, Isabela District Office
10. Legaspi City – Legaspi District City
11. Naga City – Bicol Regional Office
12. Baguio City – Cordillera Autonomous Region
13. Tuguegarao City – Cagayan Valley Regional Office
14. San Fernando, La Union – Ilocos Regional Office
15. Cabanatuan City, Nva Ecija- Cabanatuan District Office
16. Dagupan City, Pangasinan – Dagupan District Office
17. Olongapo City, Zambales – Olongapo District Office
18. Vigan, Ilocos Sur – Vigan District Office
19. Laoag City, IlocoNorte – Laoag District Office
1. Cebu City – Central Visayas Regional Office
2. Tacloban City, Leyte – Eastern Visayas Regional Office
3. Iloilo City – Western Visayas Regional Office
4. Bacolod City – Bacolod District Office
5. Tagbilaran City, Bohol – Bohol District Office
6. Dumaguete City – Dumaguete District Office
7. Catbalogan City, Samar – Samar District Office
8. Puerto Princesa City – Puerto Princesa District Office
1. Butuan City – CARAGA Regional Office
2. Cagayan de Oro City – Northeastern Mindanao Reg.Office
3. Davao City – Southeastern Mindanao Reg.Office
4. Tagum City – Tagum District Office
5. Cotabato City – Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao
6.Zamboanga City – Western Mindanao Regional Office
7. Dipolog City – Dipolog District Office
8. Iligan City – Iligan District Office
9. Pagadian City – Pagadian District Office
10. Saranggani Prov – Saranggani District Office
What if I’m overseas?
Visit the nearest Philippine Consulate Office and ask for a Fingerprint Card Form.
1. Fingerprint Card Form – fill out the personal data called for on both sides of this card truthfully and legibly.
2. Request the assistance/endorsement of the nearest Philippines Consulate Office for the police agency in your locality to have your fingerprints impressed (ROLLED IMPRESSION) on the appropriate spaces. The officer/person who fingerprinted you should sign his name state his official designation on the space provided for the purpose in the card.
3. In case you are a married woman, the order of writing your name is as follows:
Your maiden surname (father’s surname).
Your husband’s surname.
Your first name or given name.
Your maternal surname (family name of your mother)
Attach a latest copy of your 2”x2” photograph (white background), taken within three (3) months before this application at the appropriate box in the fingerprint card form.
Upon completion of this requirement, send your form to NBI and enclose Money Order in the sum of Php 200.00 or any currency/bankdraft of its equivalent which is negotiable in the Philippines payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines.
NBI will mail to you the corresponding clearance certificate after we have processed your application papers.
Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, check for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion, the clearance is invalid without it. Also, you must affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided in the clearance certificate before submitting it to your end-user, otherwise, your clearance will be subjected for further verification/authentication and will cause the delay of your immigration requirements.Tagged as:
nbi clearance requirements